Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Favorite Book Linky

I am linking up with the awesome Deanna Jump for a weekly Tuesday Book Linky!! I love children's books! I can never go into a book store and not leave with two or three new books to read and share with my students and my own little one as well!

So for this week's



I am going to share the book, Never Mail an Elephant!






My Kindergarteners and I loved this story today! This is about a little boy who wants to mail an elephant to his friend for her birthday! It goes through all the steps he goes through to attempt this! The pictures are very detailed and the kids loved them!


This part made my kids laugh because they thought it was funny that an elephant was ticklish! We talked about what it means to be ticklish and graphed who in the class was and was not ticklish!


Here is where he is pulling the elephant on his wagon to put him in the mailbox!

My kids loved this story (We had to read it twice!!!)  and they thought it was so funny that the elephant let the little boy wrap him up and put him in the mailbox! You will need to read the book to find out what happens when and after the mailman picks up this extra large package and brings it to the post office!!!

We made an elephant craftivity for this book1




They loved addressing the envelopes and pretending to mail their elephants!

Click on the elephants to download a couple of freebies to go along with this awesome book!


So here is my first of many wonderful book shares! Please click the picture below to go and see what books many more amazing educators are sharing this week!




1 comment :

  1. Ooooo- what a great book to add to my Letter Writing collection! Awesome.
    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose

    ReplyDelete