Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Best Teacher Gift Ever

I am linking up with Katie from Little warriors: Kindergarten Blog, to share the best teacher gift ever! I have been teaching twenty years and there have been so many wonderful gifts and thoughts throughout the years. But I would have to say that the best teacher gift ever came from a little boy Isaiah when I taught in Florida. It was my third year teaching and this little boy had a home life that was difficult. He came to school without any social skills. His mother was a caring mother but was below average in social and academic skills. I had to teach him how to eat with a fork, act and stay at school, talk to others and be a part of the group. I bought him sneakers and clothing because the family could not. I loved this little boy tremendously. Well, it was the day before Christmas Break and the presents came in. There were bags of all sizes but I will never forget the brown lunch bag that he decorated himself. Inside it was a candle that his mother has already lit. He looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, it smells as pretty as you do when it is lit! Do you love it! Oh my eyes filled with tears and I gave him the biggest hug I could!It is 17 years and I still have this candle! I absolutely love it and always will. That is my best gift ever! Click on the link below to see other teacher's best gifts!


http://littlekinderwarriors.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-best-teacher-gifts-ever-linky-party.html

No comments :

Post a Comment