Sunday, September 30, 2018

Dot Day

I have so much to blog about and I am so behind! I am sorry y’all! Life got in the way!!

I absolutely love the book, The Dot! I would read this to my kids every day if I could!

For those of you who do not know this book, it is a must have for your classroom! This book is about a young girl who says she can not draw. Her name is Vashti. Her art teacher has her just make a dot and sign her name! When she comes to art class the next week, there is her dot framed in a beautiful gold frame. Vashti says to herself, I can make a better dot then that! And soon she is making dots of all colors and sizes. The art show exhibits her beautiful work of art and then she gets to help a little boy who says he can’t draw a straight line! 

This book is amazing and is a great tool to teach your children about growth mindset! 




September 15ish is Dot Day! Classrooms all over the world are now celebrating this magnificent book! There are so many different activities that you can do! 



I love having my kids make their own dots using Kwik Stix Paint Sticks!!! These are amazing! They look like glue sticks but they are paint! They dry in 90 seconds and you do not need water!!!!!! It is a teachers dream tool!!! You can get these at Target or you can order them on amazon!!  Click picture for amazon link! 


Here are some of our dots!!!!

















I also love to take their pictures on these special days so I set up a small area and get some props! I have them wear a painting apron, hold a paint brush and a sign that says dot day! They stand in front of a dot background!! Here are a few of my pictures!












There is an amazing song that my kids every year love to listen to! It has motions!!! My kids beg to listen to this all year after they hear it on Dot Day! 

Here are the words and the song from YouTube is embedded below! 





I have created a small dot day product! You can find it on my tpt store! Below are some pages from it. Click on the first picture for the link! 








And of course we must end the day with cool dot sunglasses!!! 








No comments :

Post a Comment