Sunday, March 20, 2016

Passion is our Super Power, what is yours?? Spring Blogger Retreat 2016

Words can not express, the feelings I experienced at this awesome event! This is my first Blogger retreat! I was scared to death! But I survived and it was well worth the trip!

First, let me tell you about my plane ride there, I was searched at security because my teacher tool for the swap was considered a weapon. So I had to check my bag on the plane. What was my tool, you ask? A PVC Pipe rekenrek!

Many of you wanted the measurements to make your own so here they are!
2-22” x 1/2” PVC Pipe
2-6” x 1/2" PVC Pipe
2-2” x 1/2" PVC Pipe
2-1/2” PVC “T” Pieces
2-1/2” PVC P-Trap (HPY-507)

Lowes will cut the pvc pipe for you for free!!!!!!

Then you will need 2 pool noodles- cut ten slices out of each!

Anyways, sorry I got on topic, anyway after being searched - mind you, my teacher badge from school was still around my neck and I had on my Happy tshirt- I made it to the plane and arrived safely in Indianapolis where the wonderful Kristen Poindexter picked me up and we drove to the Resort!

This event was awesome! The teachers were amazing from the time I got there until I left on Sunday!

So the event was put together by the amazing, Holly Ehle and a group of amazing educators! She worked so hard for this event! Thank you, Holly!



On Saturday, the doors opened and we got to enter Heaven- yes, it was like a teacher's heaven! Supplies everywhere! There were amazing giveaways and Sponsors!



Our AMAZINGLY GENEROUS sponsors donated over $15,000 in prizes and giveaways!

The following sponsors LOVE to support educators!

Image result for erin condren logo
 Image result for twinkle twinkle little jarImage result for gonoodle
Image result for tieks
   

Image result for osmo Image result for udderly smooth Image result for sit spotsImage result for the pencil gripImage result for kwik stix
Image result for stella and dot Image result for younique products Image result for silly mcgilly Image result for creative teaching press
Image result for scentsyImage result for vera bradley
Image result for hue document camera softwareImage result for hue document camera softwareImage result for hue document camera software

Image result for abc mouse
Image result for esgi


Image result for jamberry
Image result for lakeshore learningImage result for seat sacks

Image result for better life bags  Image result for classroom friendly supplies  Image result for perfectionate photo propsImage result for doodle bugs paper Image result for doterra
Image result for book creator
  Image result for maria dismondy Image result for just plain adoorable
We got to peruse the giveaway tables and mingle! Then we got down to business!


We watched some amazing videos! 







Passion was the theme of this event!


After we shared our passions, we had lunch and then a teacher tool swap! Here are the amazing group of first grade bloggers!


We did some round table discussions and then left to get ready for the 80's night!
Here are some Pictures from that amazing night!





Saturday flew by and then it was already Sunday! This weekend flew by! We all met for a group photo!


We all went to breakfast and talked some more!


Then it was time to leave! My roomie drove me to Luisville, Kentucky to the airport! 


I got to eat at a new restaurant that needs to come to Delaware!


At the airport, I got to buy paper made from Horse Poop for Science!!!


This trip was rejuvenating and refreshing! I found my passion again and being able to connect with such passionate and enthusiastic educators was such an awesome experience! 

The one thing I know for sure thanks to this retreat is that there is nothing more contagious then the enthusiasm and the passion of a group of teachers who have an amazing relationship! That my friends, is what it is all about: Passion and Relationships! Thank you to all of the amazing educators I met this retreat! You are all amazing!




To read more about this amazing retreat click below:








2 comments :

  1. I would love to have the pencil sharpener from classroom friendly supplies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! If you have a blog, you should contact them. They do work with bloggers!!!

      Delete