Sunday, February 4, 2018

January should be called National Indoor Recess Month!!!

January! What a month! It is a month that seems to never end! From snow days to indoor recess, this month just seems to hang there!!

But oh my, I found these two amazing activities from Learn 365 From Oriental Trading and I am telling y’all that indoor recess has been transformed in my room!!!

First, let’s discuss indoor recess!! This is a time when I as a teacher,  I  literally would get the sweats and an automatic headache!! The dreaded phrase, teachers please keep your classes inside today due to the windchill or the due to the weather is like listening to someone scrape their fingers down the chalkboard!!!

Well, problem solved! I found these two amazing products from learn365 and my kids are not only collaborating without screaming but they are also learning during indoor recess! No yelling! No running! No arguing! Tell me more right!!!

Here is what I found! 



In this activity, they have to work together to create a maze to get their balls frommkne end to another! They also have to work together to manipulate the ball! The conversations and team work were amazing and so enjoyable! 







The other activity was this one!!!



The kids had to work together to create a track for the marble to travel! The goal is to get it from the beginning to the u shaped piece at the end. 

There were cards for them to use as guides if they wanted to try it that way first! One group of my kiddos tried the cards and used the heater! Another group vetoed the cards and tried it on their own! They used the lockers!! The conversations in both groups..... priceless!!








So if you are looking for ways to “improve” your indoor recesses... you need to check out all of the amazing stem or steam activities that learn365 and oriental Trading    have!! You won’t be disappointed! Learning while they play... a teacher can’t ask for anything more then that especially during the year of January oops sorry month of January! LOL!!!!


I am a teacherblogger and was not reimbursed for my ideas or opinions! I was given the materials from learn365 and orientalist Trading in return for my own honest opinion and ideas! These are my own views!

No comments :

Post a Comment