Thursday, January 11, 2018

Snowstorm in a Jar

I love to teach about the winter especially snow! I love the snow!

There are so many amazing books to teach your kiddos about snow and I will be writing another blog post about those! Today I am going to share the science activity I live to do with my kids and that is a snowstorm in a jar! 




To make a snow storm in a jar you will need the following materials:

A glass jar
Baby oil
Water
White paint (I use finger paint)
Iridescent glitter ( I use yellow I like the effect)
Alka seltzer 

Directions:

Fill jar halfway with baby oil.
In a separate bowl, mix warm water and white paint together.  Then add lots of glitter to the paint mixture and stir. 
Add paint mixture to the jar. Fill to about 1/2 inch from the top. 
Wait until the mixture separates and the paint and glitter are resting on the bottom and the baby oil is sitting in the top.
Add 1 or 2 alka seltzer tablets and cover.
Watch the storm Vega in to brew! 

I hope your kids love it as much as mine do!!!


























2 comments :

  1. Wilton Products are perfect for baking purposes and they stock an extensive variety of devices and hardware that will enable you to make an expert wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete