Sunday, October 8, 2017

We are all Mad in First Grade!

Friday, October 6 is National Madhatter Day! How many of you knew that?

I love doing classroom flips! I love to #setthestagetoengage my students! So when I saw this day on the calendar, I knew this was for my kids!!! 

Of course, who had what I needed to make this day a success??! Oriental Trading and Learn365!!!

So the thinking and hunting began! First how do I turn my classroom into a madhatter tea party because I didn't want to focus on Alice in Wonderland. The focus had to be the Mad Hatter! So of course, I first go to Amazon to find a book! 

Here is what I found! 



Then off to Oriental Trading and Learn365 I went! I wanted table cloths and tea cups and hats! I had exactly what I wanted pictured in my mind! 

They had it all!!! First I had to get a mad hatter hat for myself!




Here it is again!



Then I searched for room decor!! Look at what they had!



These are giant tea cups that are attached to each other with fishing line. They are very long so I cut them in half and made two sets of cups to hang from my ceiling!!!



The green plastic table cloth comes on a roll so you just cut to fit to your tables! Very sturdy and I love the color of the green! The centerpieces are a sturdy styrofoam and they are easy to put together! I love how it has the colors, tea cups and tea pots and the mad hatter hat!!!



Aren't these hats adorable! They are so sturdy and they are the perfect addition for the mad hatter day! Oriental Trading has so many fun things to add to your units!!! 





I thought the candy pencils would add a little whimsy and then when I added the madhatter created by the amazing melonheadz, well it was just too adorbs!!!

I made water bottle labels and found these straws at party city!





Each child's area looked like this when they came in to class!



I found some other cute additions at Party City as well!

Door hanging tea cups and a centerpiece! The mad hatter doll is a Barbie I found on clearance at Toys R Us!!





I also got the background from party city and the giant tea cups from oriental Trading for my photo booth!!! The rabbit and other items were given to me from a friend who didn't want them anymore!



We read the book, talked about it, described the mad hatter, made mad hatters and subtracted with the mad hatter! 













Here is a collage of our room!



We got tea cups from the Dollar Tree and they decorated them with sharpies! We then tied a drink me tag to their handle and they brought them home!!!!



This was a very busy yet fun day! We learned all of our skills and expectations and had fun doing it! Once again Oriental Trading and Learn365 had exactly what I needed to make this experience a success!!!

Please tap the mad hatter below to go to my tpt store to get my mad hatter mini unit so you can do this in your class!



Here is a picture of all of us Mad firsties!




Oriental Trading and Learn365 did not pay me for my opinions! I was given the products in return for my own honest thoughts and opinions, my opinions are my own and are not influenced by Oriental Trading in any way!

No comments :

Post a Comment