Sunday, April 6, 2014

Oh My Am I a little behind!!!!!

This has been a very crazy and interesting couple of weeks and I apologize for the lateness of my posting!!

Between the snow hours I need to make up and being taken out of my room to go and teach another kindergarten class because their teacher was out due to having surgery and having to create two sets of lesson plans: one for me to use and one for a sub to teach my students, I have been a little preoccupied!

So this will be a post of many things!!!!

First, St. Patrick's Day!!
 Their home school connection was to create a Leprechaun trap that will catch Sill McGilly! We read the story and they created a trap and set them up on Friday before St. Patrick's Day!!

Here is Silly McGilly! Click on the picture and you will be taken to his webpage!



Here are some of their  traps:





We did not get Silly McGilly but he did leave us a pot of green treats!!

We did some awesome activities for the day, Thanks to Kindergarten Smorgasboard!!!!




We also did some marshmallow graphing with Lucky Charms!!



And we read My Lucky Day and did a follow me activity and some writing about My Lucky Day from the pigs point of view!





And that was St. Patrick's Day!!!

Now for National Hungry Caterpillar Day!!!

The first day of Spring is National Hungry Caterpillar Day so to celebrate this day, we of course read the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. We also made book marks for our caterpillar to eat his way through a good book! We made hats and talked about Eric Carle!







Here is a link to a webquest I created for Eric Carle!





Ok and for the last part of this post, our STEM showcase. We had a district STEM Showcase where each grade level from each school sent representatives bith students and teachers to display the STEM activity they are doing in their rooms! Kindergarten had Push, Pull and Go!

Myself and Ms. hassman went with 6 kids to represent our grade level. The students did an excellent job! Here are some pictures of the unit as well as at the showcase!







No comments :

Post a Comment