Thursday, March 2, 2017

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!!

There are many special days throughout the school year that we celebrate with our children but I have to say that March 2 is my all time favorite day of all! 

March 2 as we all know is Read Across America  Day or Dr. Seuss' birthday!!!

To celebrate it this year, I did a room transformation and my kids walked into Seussville!!

I put red and white table cloths on their tables! In the center of each table was a Dr. Seuss book and coordinating stuffed animal that I bought at Kohls!!!! 

I put all of their supplies into Dr. Seuss pencil cases! 





But what I loved most of all was how my lights turned out!!! By cutting pool noodles from the top tonbottom and wrapping them around the light post and adding a fluff ball, my lights became truffula trees!!! They looked amazing!!


If you noticed, I made a lorax to go with this truffula tree!!

From the ceiling and the doorway, I found  amazing Dr. Seuss swirly decorations at Party City to hang!!!


The table by the door was transformed into a birthday celebration table with a Dr. Seuss birthday cake hat, goody bags, blowers and photo booth props for all!!!


Target had an awesome basket in their clearance section that went amazingly with my theme!!! Don't you just love Target!!!


My morning message board also had a Seuss theme today!!


The hats for my kids were bought at Party City as well and I loved them because they were sturdy and adjustable!! Party City rocked the Dr. Seuss stuff this year!!! 

I can't forget my lightbox!! Of course, I had to make inserts to go with the day!!!


So that was the inside of my classroom, now the outside!!!

I, of course, had to change my door!!! 


I also created a photo booth area for my kids to enjoy!! Check out the area and their pictures!!



We had our principal and assistant principal come and read to us! We heard Green Eggs and Ham and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!! The kids loved it!!





We also made Green Eggs and Ham from pudding, green food coloring and vanilla wafers!!! The kids loved it!!!

Of course I had to use my all time favorite app on my iPhone, The Cat Cam!!! I love how the pictures came out!!!


We made Sam I Am from Green Eggs and Ham and wrote about whether or not we like Green Eggs and Ham!! We also read books about Dr. Seuss and learned all about his life!!! 

I love the shirt one of my firsties came in wearing today!!! 

So now you can see why today is my favorite day with my firsties and I have to say it was an awesome day!!! 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 



 


 


 


 
 
 


 


 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment