Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Talk like a pirate day!

There are several days throughout the year that I love to teach my children about. Talk like a pirate is one of them!!!




It is a fun day that you can turn into an educational experience and one that the kids love and never forget!

Thanks to oriental Trading and their new site, Learn365, you can get all that you need for this day to be a success!

First of course you need the pirate head gear! 





My kids loved their head gear from Oriental Trading! They also loved their eyepatches as well!!

Here is a picture of their whole look!!



The blow up pirate, ship wheel and pirate border are all from Oriental Trading! The pirate background is from target! It is a tablecloth for birthdays! 

Here is a picture of my photo area before the day began! I also love the talk like a pirate melonheadz that I got for this special day!










We also read the book, How I Became a Pirate written by David Shannon! This was my first graders first experience with reading a nonfiction and fiction book and comparing and contrasting! They did an excellent job!





What Pirates day is not complete without getting a booty! Here is the treasure my pirates earned.



Here we are as a gang of pirates learning all that we can while we are still having an enjoyable time! Isn't that what education is supposed to be about!






Oriental Trading and Learn365 did not pay me for my opinions! I was given the products in return for my own honest thoughts and opinions, my opinions are my own and are not influenced by Oriental Trading in any way!

No comments :

Post a Comment