Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Dot Day!






Have you heard about Dot Day??? Have you read the book, The Dot written by Peter Reynolds?



If the answer is yes, then you will understand my passion and love for this day and book! If your answer is no, then read on and you will definitely see by the end of the post!!!!

Dot Day is a day to celebrate Growth Mindset! It is a day where creativity and the I can or the Power of Yet takes center stage! It is a day where your children will learn the most powerful lesson of all, Yes I can do it! All it takes is a little growth Mindset and the power of Yet!!!!!

Oriental Trading and their new site, Learn365 have so many amazing products to help bring this day alive in your classrooms!! First they have awesome decorations for this day! From polka dotted tablecloths to hanging dots to a polka dotted background for your photo shoot!! The melonheadz kids in the photo area are from her create set!!













Dot day is such an inspiring day for them to be creative! I love how they decorated their dots! We will be hanging these on the ceiling so when they begin to get that I can't feeling they can look up at their dot and remember that it is I can't do it yet!!





Of course we had to do the coloring of the coffee filter and then spraying it with water so they can see their dot spread! Just like vashti saw her dot spread! They loved this!! The excitement was awesome!




I love SitSpots!!! This is one of the best products I have ever used!! This year what better item to use to help them spread the power of yet and growth mindset but these amazing circle sit spots! So not only are they great for marking the carpet for sitting spaces but they are also great for dot day and spreading the knowledge of growth mindset and the power of yet! Check out their dots using sit spots









What can you create with just a dot! Using these paint markers from Learn365, my kids were able to create so many things! Check them out!









I used my Dot Day unit which you can click on the photo below and get it from my teachers pay teachers store!


The kids loved this unit! 





Fablevision has a lot of resources also! They have free posters and certificates for you to print off! I had my students hold one of the posters in their photos and they all received a certificate at the end of the day! 






I found the old fashioned candy buttons at a candy store in Lancaster so I thought they would be a fun addition to our unit! 




And to end the day my kids all got some cool polka dotted sunglasses I got from oriental trading! They loved this day!




Oriental Trading and Learn365 did not pay me for my opinions! I was given the products in return for my own honest thoughts and opinions, my opinions are my own and are not influenced by Oriental Trading in any way!


No comments :

Post a Comment