Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Constitution Day

Constitution Day! I love teaching my kids about this day! It is such an important day in our American history!!!

I always use the book, We the Kids written by David Catrow! This book just helps them understand the preamble with its kid friendly photos!! I love this book!!



After we read and discuss this book, we write our own class constitution! This year we wrote and signed it with peacock feathers! I got the feathers through oriental Trading and Learn365! 




Don't you love the colonial hat! I got that from Oriental Trading and Learn365 as well as a colonial wig for photos! The background is also from oriental Trading and Learn365!



Here is a close up of the hat, wig and background!







I also got a cool dried wreath from oriental Trading!



So after we wrote our class constitution, the kids drew photos of themselves as the signers of the constitution and we hung the photos around our class constitution in the hallway!!



Isn't this just the cutest display!!!!

Then it was time for them to write the preamble on parchment paper using their very own peacock feather pencils!!! The excitement could be heard miles away when they got their pencils!!









The parchment paper and peacock feathers were received from Oriental Trading and Learn365! 

The day was a success and of course I had to wear my Americans Julia I got from Lularoe!!!




Oriental Trading and Learn365 did not pay me for my opinions! I was given the products in return for my own honest thoughts and opinions, my opinions are my own and are not influenced by Oriental Trading in any way!

No comments :

Post a Comment