Monday, April 25, 2016

Hue Animation Camera Review

In March, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the 2016 French Lick Teacher Blogger Retreat in French Lick, Indiana! What an amazing experience. Click here to read my previous blog post about this retreat!!!

Any ways, One of the amazing sponsors was Hue Cameras! They had an opportunity for teachers who attended the retreat to get a free +HUE animation camera, use it in the classroom and write a review!

This camera is amazing! It comes with a great book to read and become familiar with your camera as well as the process!



Here is what you will get in your box!!!!!!




After I read the book and I suggest reading the book beforehand because it is a great resource, I searched youtube to see what others have done just to get an idea and to make sure I truly understand the process myself. Then I made a smart board presentation to share with my kids! This is a great tool to teach adults as well. My student teacher used this as a guide for her project!

The smart board and the power point presentation  (in case you do not have a smart board) are below! Just click on the pics below for the presentation to download and use in your class room!


                              
                        smart board presentation

       
Power Point Presentation


Here is how I ran my lesson:
1. I went through the smart board presentation! We reviewed all the parts of the camera,  the different roles that they would have , all expectations of behavior and how to properly treat the camera, and we watched a video (included in the presentation) on how to take pictures.

2. After we went over the presentation and reviewed all the different roles they will have, my kiddos split into production teams and began their journey into making a movie about their rainforest animal! They were given information sheets about their animals and note taking materials. They then researched, wrote the facts down and created their pictures. They also created their animal, laminated it and glued it to popsicle sticks so it will be able to move in the beginning of their movie!

3. Then they took all their materials (notes, pictures, headings, etc) and put it in the order they wanted their movie to be in. Now I have first graders and they just loved this activity!!!!

4. Once they had everything the way they wanted it, the movie production began. They set up the camera and had the view they liked. They took the pictures and they did the narrating. All we did was assist when they asked for help and made sure things ran smoothly!
5. When we have our movie completed and we have exported it, we have three choices:  Creatubbles, YouTube and QuickTime.



Creatubbles is an awesome new site that have partnered with HUE. It allows us to upload our Hue Animation Movies to a site that is safe for our kids to use and upload their creations to. It will give their creation a link to share with their friends and family so they can all enjoy their creations!

Here are just a few things we found to be helpful when making the movies:
- take several pictures of the different objects or drawings- this will give you a good amount of space to add narration. We found that it is best to take about 11 different pictures and set them at 1.00. 
- make sure it is really quiet around the camera and computer. It does pick up other noises.
- save it as you go along.
- If they are going to use illustrations, we found that the brighter the pictures the more vibrant their movie is! My kiddos used Kwik Stix paint sticks!

Here is a video of day one of my teaching my class about this awesome camera!




Here are two of their movies they made! I just love them and they did an amazing job!!!!!!!





This camera is amazing! It is easy to use! It makes research projects more enjoyable! It creates lasting memories! 

Please visit my blog soon because I will have one of these to giveaway soon!!!!









4 comments :

  1. Love this!! Your kiddos did a wonderful job with their videos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! They lived using this camera! We are planning our next video now!

      Delete
  2. I just recently got a HUE Animation Studio and I am very excited to start using it with my students. I have been trying to figure out how to introduce it to my students and how to use it effectively. Thank you for the videos. They were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kids will love it!!! We are getting ready to create another video!!! I am so glad that my post was helpful! Any questions at all when you get started just contact me!!! Good luck and I can't wait to see what you create !!

      Delete