Friday, April 10, 2015

Chapter 11 Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites Book Study

I am linking up with What The Teacher Wants for this awesome book study! We are discussing chapter 11, Music!!!


I really loved this chapter! I believe that music is such an important tool to integrate into your classroom. When I attended a Brain Based Professional Development opportunity with Eric Jensen, the guru of Brain Based Teaching, Music was stressed. He discussed the importance of having music of different tempos for different tasks in the classroom. (Fast paced for transition, classical for writing, etc!)





I love using Music in the classroom, especially during Math time. The music makes it easier for the kids to remember the concepts. Here are just a few of the songs I use:





Music is a necessity in the primary grades! The children learn without realizing they are. Please click on the picture below to go see what some of the other awesome educators had to say about this chapter!


1 comment :

  1. Oh how could I forget Jack Hartman!?!?!? Oh my gracious - thank you! I just went onto YouTube and subscribed to his channel.

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete