Thursday, May 11, 2017

May the Fourth Be With You!

One of the best days of the year is May 4th. Star Wars Day!!! The kids love it and you can teach so many standards throughout the day. It is a great day for review!

The one place to get the best Star Wars merchandise for your day is Oriental Trading! They have everything.

To decorate my room for my kids, I got the most amazing tablecloths, table top decorations, buckets  and decorations to hang from the ceiling! 




To finish my room decorating, I got Yoda Easter baskets from Walmart and a BB8 stuffed animal from Walmart! I got these after the holiday on clearance!!!



The baskets from oriental trading are perfect to put goodies in for your kiddos to get at the end of the day. I put in Star Wars Easter eggs from Oriental Trading in one bucket, pencils from and a picture in another bucket and Star Wars fruit snacks in another! The kids loved these treats at the end of the day!



I also sharpened a set of Star Wars pencils and put light saber crayons found at target in the yoda heads at the tables! 


On each table are Star Wars books I found at the @scholasticbookfair. The kids loved reading these throughout the day!


Oriental Trading has a Star Wars paper chain to make! I used it in the hallway for my photo booth and gave the kids the extra links to wear as bracelets!! They absolutely loved it! Another part of the photo booth I got from oriental Trading is a life-size C3PO and R2D2! The kids loved it! Give them the light saber that I also got from Oriental  Trading and the Star Wars photo props and you have a galactic photo booth!!!




Don't you love her mask! She came in with the Chewbacca mask that makes noise as you open your mouth!!!!!

Here are some more pictures of my room! Thank you melonheadz for all of your help! 













We also made a stamp for the day using our silhouette Mint!!


I also found an amazing Star Wars app on my Apple that allows you to take their picture as a Jedi or Princess Leia!!







For an activity that the kids love, we did a directed drawing of Yoda and wrote about whether or not they would want to be Yoda.




Star Wars day is so much fun to do with your kids! They absolutely love it and oriental Trading has so many amazing things available to make this day absolutely amazing.



So from our galaxy to your may the fourth be with you!



















1 comment :

  1. Thanks for your posts. Just adore how you transform your classroom environment. LOVE all your huge clipart decor. Do you just print it out in poster size & laminate it together?

    ReplyDelete