Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Crayon Box That Talked

I know as a teacher, we have soooo many favorite books! I am always saying OMG! That book is my favorite! I can't help it! I love books!!! I will buy books all the time! It is so important to immerse our littles with good, quality literature.

So, on that note, I use this book every year to teach the kids that we are all unique but we must all work together to get anything done and to accomplish anything. You can not do it alone!!! I have been reading this book for 20 years. I just had to order a new one because my original book, the one I bought 20 years ago finally fell completely apart and scotch tape and staples could no longer keep it together!!! 

What book is it you ask?!!

It is The Crayon Box That Talked! It is written by an amazing man named Shane DeRolf! He is the founder of that amazing website, Big Word Club!!!




I always read this amazing book then we discuss what the author is trying to tell us! What is the central message! Then  I share the quote with them before we hang it up in our room!!!

click the quote for a free copy for your classroom!

My kids and I then take giant crayons made out of bulletin board paper and we decorate them with everything that we love. We then make a giant crayon box out in the hallway. This crayon box depicts the diversity in our room yet symbolizes that we are all a family that works together to create a harmonious environment in which we are all happy and successful!




Of course we end with a reading of the poem, The crayon Box That talked!

Click on the poem for a free version for your classroom!





No comments :

Post a Comment