Friday, November 30, 2018

Close reading Detectives

As you have heard, engagement is key! We need to try to engage our kids as much as possible when we are teaching them the skills they will need in order to read and write! In order to learn anything!!! 

When I went to the Get Your Teach On National Conference in San Diego (post to come soon) I learned so many new ways to engage my kids! 

One way that stuck was by having them be detectives!!! And can I say my kids loved it!! Thank you Deanna Jump!!!! 

The first thing I did was create their official detective reading tool kits!!






Then we began our mission! We learned how to close read to find facts and important information! They had official detective hats and used their kits!!! They loved it!!! 
























No comments :

Post a Comment