Wednesday, October 26, 2016

American Symbols

This is kne of my favorite things to teach my firsties!! I absolutely love teaching the American Symbols!! We have learned two so far and those are the Statue of Liberty and the Liberty Bell!

What do I love about these you may ask???!! Well, my kidsvm excitement!! Their eyes light up with all of the awesome facts they hear! I also love the looks on their faces when they look at the actual pictures that I took when I visited them!!!

So for the Statue of Liberty, we learn all about the Statue and all of the amazing facts! Of course we have to make predictions about the size of her foot and nose!!! 



We draw her and of course dress up as her and get our picture taken!!!!



 

Now for the Liberty Bell, we learned about the facts, saw where it is located, got to hold the liberty Bell made out of Legos, hold a metal model of it, do an experiment with two bells (one with a crack in it and one without a crack). In the experiment they had to listen to see if the two bells sounded the same or different and figure out why!! They loved it! We ended the lesson with a directed drawing of the Liberty Bell!



 


 

Next week we will learn about the election and then the White House! Have a great day!!!
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment